Saturday, March 10, 2007

Second Day in Paris

Hello everyone, or should I say bonjour! I am blogging tonight from Peanuts, a cafe/bar across the street from our Bercy Hotel. This morning we started out meeting in the lobby at 8:50. I basically missed breakfast and quickly grabbed an orange juice. Everyone boarded the coach tour bus and our sight-seeing began. We passed the Louvre Museum, which we will be seeing tomorrow morning at around 9:00. Hopefully I'll see some artwork from Van Gogh and Monet. We also passed the Eiffel Tower and got off the bus to take some pictures for about 15 minutes. We plan to go back tomorrow so that we can actually go up to the top. Nathalie said it will only cost about 10 euro. We had to be on-time for our Versailles visit appointment. The Palace of Versailles was beautiful. We saw the chambers of King Louis and Marie Antoinette and the Hall of Mirrors where some famous treaties were signed. After the palace we saw Notre Dame. It was dark and gothic inside. The scultures and structure are amazing. After that we walked around and ate dinner in the Latin Quarter. We took the metro back to the hotel. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day so I have to get some sleep. But first I think I'll have a few drinks with my girlfriend and friends. Au Revoir! - Jimmy Samay

No comments: